Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> E-books > Not Just My Favourites...;)

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 31st October 2016
Sree

Vikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparazi
Love Stories That Touched My Heart
by
Ravinder Singh
(Editor)

An anthology of moving, inspirational, heartwarming or heartbreaking, love stories shortlisted in a nation wide contest by Penguin India!*

Love only a four letter word, yet its so powerful that it can conquer anything in this world!*

We've all experienced the first flush of love and remember the lingering fragrance of it. For ages Love has remained one of the most cherished experiences that everyone wishes to live through at least once. Humanity, time and again, has coined many definitions to describe this beautiful emotion, but this small word is a feeling that cant simply be defined. It has to be narrated . . . in the form of stories love stories.*

Love Stories That Touched My Heart is a collection of such stories from readers who have a tale to tell, shortlisted from over 2000 entries that were submitted in a competition conducted by Penguin India.*

Selected and edited by Ravinder Singh, this anthology made up of the stories that touched Ravins heart the most will make you believe that someone, somewhere, is made for you.

LOVE STORIES THAT TOUCHED MY HEART(PDF) - 803KB

Link: - Love_Stories_That_Touched_My_Heart

Old 31st October 2016
Sree

Vikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparaziVikatakavi02 is hunted by the papparazi
Like It Happened Yesterday
by
Ravinder Singh

Has anyone ever asked you—What were the best days of your life?

That one period of your life you always wanted to go back to? And live that life . . . one more time?

When asked this, I closed my eyes and went back in my own past. And I thought . . .

. . . of the days, when life's most complex choices had a simple solution of Akkad Bakkad Bambey Bo!
. . . of the seasons when rains were celebrated by making paper boats.
. . . of the times when waiting at the railway crossing meant counting the bogies of the train passing by.

When I opened my eyes, it seems Like it Happened Yesterday! Like it was yesterday that I broke my first tooth and fell in love for the first time. Like it was yesterday, when I was about to lose my friend, and suddenly he became my best friend.

I look back and it becomes a journey full of adventure. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry and I know I’m here because I was . . .

Come, hold my hand, and take this trip with me. It will be yesterday for you, once again!

LIKE IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY(PDF) - 670KB
Link: - Like_It_Happened_Yesterday

Old 31st October 2016
Sree

Your Dreams Are Mine Now
by
Ravinder Singh

‘It can’t be love . . .’ he thinks and immediately his heart protests.*
They are complete opposites!
She’s a small town girl who takes admission in Delhi University (DU). An idealist, studies are her first priority.
He’s a Delhi guy, seriously into youth politics in the DU. He fights to make his way. Student union elections are his first priority.
But then opposites attract as well!
A scandal on campus brings them together, they begin to walk the same path and somewhere along, fall in love . . .
But their fight against evil comes at a heavy price, which becomes the ultimate test of their lives.*
Against the backdrop of dominant campus politics, Your Dreams Are Mine Now is an innocent love story that is bound to evoke strong emotions in your heart.*

YOUR DREAMS ARE MINE NOW(PDF) - 950KB

Link: - Your_Dreams_Are_Mine_Now

Last edited by Vikatakavi02 : 31st October 2016 at 03:27 PM.

Old 31st October 2016
Sree

Tell Me a Story:
Inspiring, Touching, Funny and Heartfelt Stories from Life . . .

by

Ravinder Singh
(Editor)

There is always a story that changed your life ...
And that is the time when life happened for you!
Tell Me a Story is a collection of heart-warming stories about events and incidents that have affected or changed the lives of the writers in ways that they cannot forget. Happy or sad, inspiring or shocking, these are stories of moments that have left an indelible mark on their lives. Stories that they would love to share.
Edited by Ravinder Singh, Tell Me a Story is about the moments that make life worth living. This is the second such anthology, after the highly successful Love Stories That Touched My Heart.

TELL ME A STORY(PDF) - 676KB
Link: - Tell_Me_a_Story

Old 1st November 2016
Sree

J K ROWLING's NOTABLE WORKS

J K Rowling's
Notable Works

HARRY POTTER BOOK SERIES

The Harry Potter books make up the popular series written by J.K. Rowling. The series spans seven books.

The books concern a wizard called Harry Potter and his journey throughHogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The stories tell of him overcoming dangerous obstacles to defeat the Dark wizard Lord Voldemort who killed his parents when Harry was 15 months old.
The following is a list of the seven books in the Harry Potter Series:

• Harry Potter and the (UK-Philosopher's) Sorcerer's Stone
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets;
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban;
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire;
  • Harry potter and the Order of the Phoenix;
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; and
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

~~~~~~

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter's life is miserable. His parents are dead and he's stuck with his heartless relatives, who force him to live in a tiny closet under the stairs. But his fortune changes when he receives a letter that tells him the truth about himself: he's a wizard. A mysterious visitor rescues him from his relatives and takes him to his new home, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

After a lifetime of bottling up his magical powers, Harry finally feels like a normal kid. But even within the Wizarding community, he is special. He is the boy who lived: the only person to have ever survived a killing curse inflicted by the evil Lord Voldemort, who launched a brutal takeover of the Wizarding world, only to vanish after failing to kill Harry.

Though Harry's first year at Hogwarts is the best of his life, not everything is perfect. There is a dangerous secret object hidden within the castle walls, and Harry believes it's his responsibility to prevent it from falling into evil hands. But doing so will bring him into contact with forces more terrifying than he ever could have imagined.

Full of sympathetic characters, wildly imaginative situations, and countless exciting details, the first installment in the series assembles an unforgettable magical world and sets the stage for many high-stakes adventures to come.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/61dbl6...y_Potter_1.pdf

★★★

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The Dursleys were so mean and hideous that summer that all Harry Potter wanted was to get back to the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But just as he's packing his bags, Harry receives a warning from a strange, impish creature named Dobby who says that if Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts, disaster will strike.

And strike it does. For in Harry's second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockhart, a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls' bathroom, and the unwanted attentions of Ron Weasley's younger sister, Ginny. But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble begins, and someone, or something, starts turning Hogwarts students to stone. Could it be Draco Malfoy, a more poisonous rival than ever? Could it possibly be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told? Or could it be the one everyone at Hogwarts most suspects: Harry Potter himself?

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwq38m...y_Potter_2.pdf

★★★

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter is lucky to reach the age of thirteen, since he has already survived the murderous attacks of the feared Dark Lord on more than one occasion. But his hopes for a quiet term concentrating on Quidditch are dashed when a maniacal mass-murderer escapes from Azkaban, pursued by the soul-sucking Dementors who guard the prison. It's assumed that Hogwarts is the safest place for Harry to be. But is it a coincidence that he can feel eyes watching him in the dark, and should he be taking Professor Trelawney's ghoulish predictions seriously?
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pps6xz...y_Potter_3.pdf

★★★

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter is midway through both his training as a wizard and his coming of age. Harry wants to get away from the pernicious Dursleys and go to the International Quidditch Cup with Hermione, Ron, and the Weasleys. He wants to dream about Cho Chang, his crush (and maybe do more than dream). He wants to find out about the mysterious event that supposed to take place at Hogwarts this year, an event involving two other rival schools of magic, and a competition that hasn't happened for hundreds of years. He wants to be a normal, fourteen-year-old wizard. But unfortunately for Harry Potter, he's not normal - even by wizarding standards.
And in his case, different can be deadly.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zlpgp5...y_Potter_4.pdf

★★★

(To be continued....)

Last edited by Vikatakavi02 : 16th November 2016 at 08:21 PM.

Old 1st November 2016
Sree

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter is due to start his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. His best friends Ron and Hermione have been very secretive all summer and he is desperate to get back to school and find out what has been going on. However, what Harry discovers is far more devastating than he could ever have expected...

Suspense, secrets and thrilling action from the pen of J.K. Rowling ensure an electrifying adventure that is impossible to put down.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0fdg0z...y_Potter_5.pdf

★★★

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

It is the middle of the summer, but there is an unseasonal mist pressing against the windowpanes. Harry Potter is waiting nervously in his bedroom at the Dursleys' house in Privet Drive for a visit from Professor Dumbledore himself. One of the last times he saw the Headmaster was in a fierce one-to-one duel with Lord Voldemort, and Harry can't quite believe that Professor Dumbledore will actually appear at the Dursleys' of all places. Why is the Professor coming to visit him now? What is it that cannot wait until Harry returns to Hogwarts in a few weeks' time? Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts has already got off to an unusual start, as the worlds of Muggle and magic start to intertwine...

J.K. Rowling charts Harry Potter's latest adventures in his sixth year at Hogwarts with consummate skill and in breathtaking fashion.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x7vjas...y_Potter_6.pdf

★★★

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
It's no longer safe for Harry at Hogwarts, so he and his best friends, Ron and Hermione, are on the run. Professor Dumbledore has given them clues about what they need to do to defeat the dark wizard, Lord Voldemort, once and for all, but it's up to them to figure out what these hints and suggestions really mean.

Their cross-country odyssey has them searching desperately for the answers, while evading capture or death at every turn. At the same time, their friendship, fortitude, and sense of right and wrong are tested in ways they never could have imagined.

The ultimate battle between good and evil that closes out this final chapter of the epic series takes place where Harry's Wizarding life began: at Hogwarts. The satisfying conclusion offers shocking last-minute twists, incredible acts of courage, powerful new forms of magic, and the resolution of many mysteries.

Above all, this intense, cathartic book serves as a clear statement of the message at the heart of the Harry Potter series: that choice matters much more than destiny, and that love will always triumph over death.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yo9kv3...y_Potter_7.pdf

★★★

A sequel to the original 7-book series, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was released July 31st, 2016.
This sequel takes place nineteen years after the events of the final book in the original series. It is unknown weather this will be a stand alone novel or the start of a new series.

~~~~~~
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two
(SPECIAL REHEARSAL EDITION SCRIPT)

A Play by J. K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany
Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play (by Jack Thorne),*Harry Potter and the Cursed Child*is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.*

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/f2hbi5...tion%29_-_.pdf

★★★
(To be continued...)

Last edited by Vikatakavi02 : 1st November 2016 at 03:30 PM.

Old 1st November 2016
Sree

COMPLEMENTARY BOOKS
OF HARRY POTTER

Fantastic Beasts and
Where to Find Them

A copy ofFantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them resides in almost every wizarding household in the country. Now Muggles too have the chance to discover where the Quintaped lives, what the Puffskein eats and why it is best not to leave milk out for a Knarl.

Proceeds from the sale of this book will go to Comic Relief, which means that the pounds and Galleons you exchange for it will do magic beyond the powers of any wizard. If you feel that this is insufficient reason to part with your money, I can only hope that passing wizards feel more charitable if they see you being attacked by a Manticore.

- Albus Dumbledore

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6098x2..._Find_Them.pdf

★★★

Quidditch Through the Ages

Did you know that: there are 700 ways of committing a foul in Quidditch? The game first began to evolve on Queerditch Marsh - What Bumphing is? That Puddlemere United is oldest team in the Britain and Ireland league (founded 1163). All this information and much more could be yours once you have read this book: this is all you could ever need to know about the history, the rules - and the breaking of the rules - of the noble wizarding sport of Quidditch.e

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2pjaun...e-Ages-Pdf.pdf

★★★

The Tales of Beedle the Bard

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a Wizarding classic, first came to Muggle readers’ attention in the book known as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Now, thanks to Hermione Granger’s new translation from the ancient runes, we present this stunning edition with an introduction, notes, and illustrations by J. K. Rowling, and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore.

Never before have Muggles been privy to these richly imaginative tales: “The Wizard and the Hopping Pot,” “The Fountain of Fair Fortune,” “The Warlock’s Hairy Heart,” “Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump,” and of course, “The Tale of the Three Brothers.” But not only are they the equal of fairy tales we now know and love, reading them gives new insight into the world of Harry Potter.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/67ox89...e_the_Bard.pdf

★★★

Harry Potter: The Prequel
by J.K. Rowling
The Harry Potter Prequel is an 800-word story written by J. K. Rowling, and was published online on June 11th, 2008. Set three years before the birth of Harry Potter, the story recounts an adventure had by Sirius Black and James Potter.

J.K. Rowling announced on May 28, 2008 that she was writing a prequel story for English PEN, the writers' association, and the Dyslexia Society. The story, handwritten on a card, would then be auctioned off alongside similar cards from other authors on June 11th, 2008, with the proceeds going to charity. A book of facsimiles was published in August 2008, allowing fans to own and read the story. As of 2009 the story is no longer officially available online.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/14xx60...er_Prequel.pdf

★★★
(To be continued....)

Last edited by Vikatakavi02 : 1st November 2016 at 03:53 PM.

Old 1st November 2016
Sree

The Casual Vacancy

J.K. Rowling

The Casual Vacancy is a 2012 novel written by J. K. Rowling. The book was published worldwide by the Little, Brown Book Group on 27 September 2012.

It was Rowling's first publication since the Harry Potter series, her first apart from that series, and her first novel for adult readership.

*~*~*
When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils ... Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b84akv...al_Vacancy.pdf

Old 1st November 2016
Sree

J K ROWLING's NOTABLE WORKS under the pseudonym of ROBERT GALBRAITH

Cormoran Strike Series

Cormoran Strike is the eponymous character of a series of crime fiction books written by British author J. K. Rowling, published under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. The story chronicles the many cases of private investigator Strike and his assistant Robin Ellacott.
~~~~~~

Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith

When a troubled model falls to her death from a snow-covered Mayfair balcony, it is assumed that she has committed suicide. However, her brother has his doubts and calls in private investigator Cormoran Strike to look into the case. Strike is a war veteran - wounded both physically and psychologically and his life is in disarray. The case gives him a financial lifeline, but it comes at a personal cost: the more he delves into the young model's complex world, the darker things get and the closer he gets to terrible danger. A gripping, elegant mystery steeped in the atmosphere of London from the hushed streets of Mayfair to the backstreet pubs of the East End to the bustle of Soho - The Cuckoo's Calling is a remarkable book. Introducing Cormoran Strike, this is the acclaimed first crime novel by J.K. Rowling, writing under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9b22r7..._s_Calling.pdf

★★★

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike) is a book that revolves around the character of Cormoran Strike, who is a private detective in the mean streets of London. Cormoran Strike is a unusual man, damaged yet strong, and it is this strength and his wits that have helped him survive in his world of danger and death.

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike) sees Strike being called to investigate the disappearance of a novelist named Owen Quine. Strike receives a call from Quine’s anxious wife who then goes on to explain that her husband has the habit of wandering off for a few days. She requests Strike to find her husband and bring him home. Although the case seems to be simple enough at first glance, Strike soon realises that all is not as it seems with the disappearance of the novelist.

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike) has been written to provide the reader with a thrilling journey of intrigue. Each twist reveals a new angle to the case that was previously unimaginable. For instance, Strike soon discovers that Quine might be in more danger than he or his wife might have imagined. Strike is baffled when it is discovered that Quine has been brutally murdered. Strike discovers that the novel Quine was working on is more like a vicious expose of most of Quine’s friends and acquaintances. With the prospect of secrets being exposed, Strike realises that there are a number of people who would like to have Quine silenced before his book can ever be published. Thus ensues Strike’s race against time to find Quine’s murderer.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/stf7f6...e_Silkworm.pdf

★★★

Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith

Cormoran Strike is back, with his assistant Robin Ellacott, in a mystery based around soldiers returning from war.

When a mysterious package is delivered to Robin Ellacott, she is horrified to discover that it contains a woman’s severed leg.

Her boss, private detective Cormoran Strike, is less surprised but no less alarmed. There are four people from his past who he thinks could be responsible – and Strike knows that any one of them is capable of sustained and unspeakable brutality.

With the police focusing on the one suspect Strike is increasingly sure is not the perpetrator, he and Robin take matters into their own hands, and delve into the dark and twisted worlds of the other three men. But as more horrendous acts occur, time is running out for the two of them…

Career of Evil is the third in the series featuring private detective Cormoran Strike and his assistant Robin Ellacott. A mystery and also a story of a man and a woman at a crossroads in their personal and professional lives.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ui780x...er_of_Evil.pdf

Old 1st November 2016
Sree

Gandhi Before India

By Ramachandra Guha

Gandhi Before India ... is a book about the life of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, who is considered as the Father of the Nation in India. It speaks about the stories of his life that are not widely known, but which played an important role in shaping young Gandhi into a Mahatma.
This book delves into the early life of Gandhi, the details of which are not popularly known to people. The author has traced the life of Gandhi from the year 1869 to the year 1914. This is the time interval which begins from when he was born, all the way up to the point he returned to India from South Africa as a lawyer.
In Gandhi Before India, the author describes the childhood of Gandhi in detail. He also talks about the two decades he spent in South Africa, where he successfully carried out a revolution. The book tries to give the readers an insight into the philosophies and ideologies followed by Gandhi very early in his life.
The book, Gandhi Before India, was published on 2nd October, 2013. It portrays a realistic picture of a young Gandhi. His experiments with different cults and friendship with people belonging to different religions is beautifully expressed. in addition to all this, the book also describes his enemies and talks about the failures he encountered in life.

Download Link: GANDHI BEFORE INDIA

★★★

India After Gandhi: The History of the World's Largest Democracy

by Ramachandra Guha

A magisterial account of the pains, the struggles, the humiliations, and the glories of the world's largest and least likely democracy, Ramachandra Guha's India After Gandhi is a breathtaking chronicle of the brutal conflicts that have rocked a giant nation and the extraordinary factors that have held it together. An intricately researched and elegantly written epic history peopled with larger-than-life characters, it is the work of a major scholar at the peak of his abilities...

Download Link: INDIA AFTER GANDHI

Last edited by Vikatakavi02 : 4th November 2016 at 11:27 PM.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls